Thursday, October 1, 2009

16 Week Appointment

The morning after returning from my East Coast trip (a week ago) I had my 16 week appointment. It was very routine and very uneventful. All my vitals look good. Baby Schaub's heartbeat was going strong. I also found out that I have to start testing for gestational diabetes early because of my history of insulin resistance. I have been feeling good though and watching the sugar intake save the occasional DQ Blizzard; I have no will power when it comes to the DQ Blizzard! Most women test for GD at 28 weeks and I will begin at 20 weeks. I got my glucose drink and directions and I'm all set.

Additionally, I had the second half of my sequential screening for our optional 1st Trimester genetic screen. My blood work came back great and we are considered low-risk for Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 21 and Spina Bifida/Neural Tube defects. My mind can rest a little bit easier now.

Here are the first of my series of "belly" pics. I am definitely starting to show a little bit! These are taken at 12 weeks, 14 weeks and then 17 weeks. I was told to try to take the picture in a similar type outfit so one can see the progression better. I do own other color shirts but it looks like my pics will all be black shirts and jeans!













Other than that I am feeling great and highly anticipating feeling the first movement of our little peanut. All of our books say that I might start feeling fluttering or the feeling of popcorn popping in my tummy between 16 and 20 weeks. So far (at 17 wks 6 days) I haven't felt anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment