Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We're having a BOY!!! (20 Week Appointment)

Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound and found out the gender of our lil' peanut! We are having a BOY!!! I will say we were very surprised. I thought it was a girl from about 8 weeks on - so much for my "Mother's intuition"! Brian was very convinced it was a girl as well. When the ultrasound tech told us we were having a boy we were definitely surprised. It took us most of the afternoon to get used to the idea and are so excited to welcome a little boy into our family in March. I had the nursery all picked out for our baby girl but it looks like I get to start shopping for blue now to make our baby boy feel right at home!!

He is developing nicely and is measuring perfectly for is EDD of March 6th. He currently weighs 13 oz. We got to see so much during this amazing appointment. We saw his hands, feet, legs, and head. We didn't really get to see his face as he was hiding and had is face wedged down between my hip bone and my pelvic floor but the back of his head looks good. Technology is amazing! We saw the heart, kidneys, stomach, gallbladder and other organs. We could even see blood pumping through the four heart ventricles as well as the umbilical cord on the thermal images.

This first half of pregnancy has gone so well and so fast that I feel like this little guy will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the next 20 weeks and meeting our little guy in March!!

His profile


His left hand!! We think he is giving us the rocker sign!

His cute tiny feet!

Last but not least, here is me at 20 wk 2d! Definitely getting a belly! I wore blue for this occasion!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, B! Baby boys are the BEST! I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! Colton will have a play mate to play with tractors, trucks, etc.

    ReplyDelete