My dear cousin, Katie, had a little girl, Charlotte, last September on the day after our anniversary, September 9th. A year has passed and she has turned one and I have yet to see her in person which is very disappointing to her "Aunt" Becky. I think technically we are 1st cousins once removed but I sort of get lost in all that jargon. We tried to make several trips over the past few
In July of 2008, before Charlotte was born, Katie and Doug moved from Manhattan to the cutest town of New Canaan, Connecticut. It is so cute, did I mention that?! Apparently Stepford Wives was filmed there and another movie Katie mentioned to me but now I don't remember*. Back to New Canaan. I really was amazed at this quaint little town that resides just about an hour outside of America's most compact and nosiest city. Their house is on a marvelous country road with tons of tall old trees. All the houses have been there for ages but are kept up beautifully. Even the new ones fit right in and look as if they were built in the 1890's. I've always said I would never live on the East Coast but if I could live there I might change my mind. Congrats on picking a fab place to live Katie and Doug! I had a wonderful visit with the Harris family. Charlotte is just a doll and growing up so quickly. She is a great baby and I can only hope that my child will be as evenly tempered and well behaved as their little girl.
As a side trip, I flew in and out of NYC so I got to spend my first night on the East Coast in NYC with some of my KU girls. Lucky me!! Carlye was so kind to host me at her fantastic apartment and planned dinner for the evening with Krissi, Annie and their friend Danielle. We went to this really neat restaurant called La Esquina. There was a doorman. No entry without being on the list. Love it! The food was fantastic and the margaritas looked fantastic! I had a virgin blood orange marg but somehow it just isn't the same!
Thanks, ladies for a fabulous city night! And thanks, Katie and Doug, for having me to your amazing home for a few days! I'm so blessed with such wonderful family and friends!
*Side note: this forgetting business is for the birds; I'm told it will get progressively worse with pregnancy and then once I have this little bun-in-the-oven. Great. Looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment