As you have probably now figured by deductive reasoning, Brian and I are going to be parents!!!! I am pregnant and due March 6th of 2010. Something I have already discovered is this is not actually called a "due date" but and "estimated due date" and less than 10% of women actually deliver on that specific date. Regardless of terminology, come the month of March (or possibly February) we will be welcoming a little boy or girl into our family. And, yes, we are finding out the sex of the baby. Those of you who know me well know I could never handle the anticipation of the full 40 weeks.
I found out I was pregnant at the end of June and we had official confirmation from the doctor on June 29th which also happens to by my parent's anniversary. Here are some pictures from the night we heard from the Doctor. Wine for Brian and sparkling cider for me!!
We have been guarding our little secret closely until we could make sure that Baby Schaub was developing well and the miscarriage risk had all but passed. As I approach my 14th week, we feel we are in the clear! Our little peanut is growing and I am feeling great. I am lucky; no morning sickness or nausea. My face is totally broken out and I am gaining weight at a nice clip. I'm sure my husband is loving that part, or not. For those of you who have read my last few posts, you might have been looking at my pictures thinking, gosh, that girl has been eating too many desserts! You might be right (about the desserts) but there is an actual reason for the weight gain. Sorry to ruin the gossip. At the risk of sounding vain, that has been the hardest thing to deal with for me thus far. Really?! Get over it!!! At least that is what my Mommy friends say.
I hope you'll stay tuned for pregnancy adventures over the next six months. In the mean time our first ultrasound pics are here to browse.



I could not be happier for you! Look at that ultrasound pic! He/She looks so big and baby like already, too cute. I am so glad that you are feeling well too. Lucky!
ReplyDelete