In January of this year we moved into our new house that we had spent the past 21 months planning and building. We were so happy to move in but exhausted from all the decisions of building. When we moved in we got unpacked and sort of settled but I was in no mood to get things on the walls and make it truly a home. I did put some thing together in super fast mode because I hosted a baby shower in February. I took a break until this past Spring when I dove back in to decorating: window treatments, towels, throw pillows, hanging things on walls and little touches here and there. I'm getting close to being done which is very exciting. This means I can just move on to doing the nursery!
We wanted to have a housewarming party and began to realize that at some point one has probably been living somewhere too long for a party to be considered a housewarming party! We picked a weekend in September and started planning. On Saturday we had our official housewarming party! We sort of picked a bad weekend with lots of birthday and weddings but overall we had a great turnout and it was so nice to share our home with our friends and family! I hope those that could attend had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment