Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

Last weekend we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at the very place we got married, The Broadmoor Hotel, in Colorado Springs. This year our anniversary fell the day after Labor Day which was great timing for a little getaway. We spent the long weekend relaxing at the base of Cheyenne Mountain. We did a little pool time, some spa time and we also played a round of golf on the Mountain Course.

That mountain course is a tough course! I think if I played it again I would play much better but, maybe not. It's a rather short course from the red tees and some of the greens are definitely within the distance of my driver..... when I'm not pregnant. On a side note, I have lost at least 20 - 30 yards off my driver, my best club, since being pregnant. Oh well. I had two pars but more 6's and 7's. It was a fun time though!

The Broadmoor was very full and I was negligent in making reservations so we ate away from the hotel. We went to Walter's Bistro which is always yummy and has a great atmosphere. We also tried the recently renovated Cliff House Restaurant in Manitou Springs. It was delicious! Very interesting menu and amazing wine list. It was the first time I was sad I wasn't drinking!

It also happened that my brother, Jay, was having a housewarming party the same weekend so we stopped in for a while to see his fabulous new house and his great friends. The house looked fantastic. I think his girlfriend, Lindsey, had a lot to do with the decorating. Thanks for your feminine touch, Linds! He has a huge, flat backyard that just happens to be perfect for Croquet! They had a croquet tournament but we were in the second game and unfortunately had to leave before our chance to play came around. Next time. Thanks, Jay and Lindsey, for a great party!


Brian had to travel to LA and San Fran for work the following week so he wasn't here on the actual day of our anniversary, September 8th, but the weekend more than made up for that. I have to say that I can't believe it has been 2 years!! It's been such a wonderful experience to be married to Brian. It's really fun to think about the fact that on our two year anniversary we are a family of 2 and on our three year anniversary we will be a family of three! (At least three people; we can't forget our darling Roxy!).

For those of you who are married, think about why you are married and what your favorite thing about being married is. I think aside from all the pomp and circumstance it's most important to remember this on your anniversary. For me it's knowing that even when your late, tired, upset and cranky that one person will always understand, listen, help, maybe be a little mad (about the late part!) but always love you for you anyway. Also, that every day is just a little bit more fun when you have that one person to just "be" with. I love you, Bri!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment