Monday, August 31, 2009

A baby shower for Colton and Misty


A few weeks ago, on August 22nd, my friend Lynda and I hosted a baby shower for one of our best friends, Misty, and her soon-to-arrive baby boy, Colton. Colton is due October 8th and we are all just dying to meet him!! Lynda and I had a great time coming up with the theme of the shower and creating a menu. It is so much fun to plan a baby shower!! We decided on a Western theme to honor Colton's NC roots. The child isn't even born yet and he has enough John Deere gear to make any farmer proud. Plus, his Daddy has already invested in a tractor to commemorate the year of his birth. This country boy might be born and live in Colorado but I think we will have a hard time keeping him here once he is grown up! We couldn't think of a better theme for Colton's baby shower!













We did a wonderful cold salmon nicoise platter from Ina Garten, Watermelon, Basil and Tomato Skewers from Giada de Laurentis and garlic grilled shrimp fromt the new Junior League cookbook, Colorado Classique. We also did a Spinach Salad from one of the older JL cookbooks, Colorado Colore, whole grain rolls and, of course, dessert. We didn't make dessert, we bought yummy chocolate ganache tarts and key lime tarts (Misty's favorite) from Whole Foods. If you want to try any of these recipes I highly recommend any of them. The salmon was absolutely delicious!

The ladies at the shower: Amy, Misty (mom-to-be), Amy's daughter, Lexi, Griffin, Becky, Lynda and me.
I hope Misty (and Colton) had a fabulous time! 5 weeks until his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment