Ever since I turned 30, birthdays have tended to lack some of the luster they used to hold. I have to preface by saying that I have only had two of these birthdays since the big 3-0. Every year (all two of them) I am unexcited about my birthday until four or five days before when I totally change my mind and am suddenly all about it. I decide I am going to embrace my age (32!) and enjoy my birthday for what it is; a time to be with friends and family, to celebrate life and all the good things that are in it. I think it might be the Leo in me?!
This year, my 32nd year approached slowly and then, bam, it was August. I had a wonderful day filled with family, friends and lots of fun! I needed a whole day to recover on Wednesday; I don't remember that happening in the past? I hope this isn't a new found issue because it will definitely affect my birthday plans in the future!
I started my day with coffee, a yummy breakfast sandwich and mini duffey roll at Duffey's. Next it was a walk on the Highline Canal with my KU crew, Becky and Griffin. Then it was home to shower and get ready for lunch with my Mom and our dear friend, Caryl Thomason, who is like a second Mom to me. We went to Houston's in Cherry Creek and shared a yummy piece of Key Lime Pie for dessert. I was home briefly and then it was off to my dear friend Misty's house. She so kindly hosted a little girls happy hour! My friends were all there: Misty, Griffin, Becky, Lynda, Amy and Julie. I am a lucky girl! Upon the conclusion of my little party I headed home to find my husband making me dinner with gifts on the table. After opening my beautiful flowers and my new iPhone (yippee!) we sat down to a lovely dinner that he had made. It was DELICOUS!
As every good Leo does, I have extended my birthday well past the actual day of August 11th. Brian an I have plans for dinner at Fruition on Friday night and we are having a family dinner next week. It has to all last at least a week, right?!
I am such a lucky girl and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life! I received phone calls from many friends, including my in-laws. Plus, being on Facebook adds a whole new element of "wow, they remembered MY birthday?!" to the day. Yes, I know Facebook conveniently tells you it's 'so and so's' birthday when you log on but its still fun to have all those new messages. :-) Next time you are dreading your birthday just think of all the good things in your life.... and not the age...age is overrated anyway!
* unfortunately my camera was dead that day and I didn't get any pictures of my big day. Sad for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment