On Saturday we crossed a huge milestone and went from the second trimester to the third trimester. I am now 28 weeks pregnant and, according to baby center, Baby Boy Schaub is about 2.25 lbs and is approx 15 inches long. He still has some growing to do in the next twelve (give or take) weeks! I turned to Brian the other night and told him that we could have a baby anywhere from 9 - 13 weeks from this weekend! We are both in a little bit of denial that the big day is getting closer. Of course we are so thrilled but knowing he his going to be on the outside and not the inside sooner than later is overwhelming.
I am still feeling pretty good. My lower back feels like it has been taken through the ringer every night. I have given up all my cute high-heeled or even low-heeled shoes in favor of flats, wedges or tennis shoes and it still doesn't help that much. Ironically, the pain seems to be worse when I sit for extended periods of time versus standing. I would think it would be the other way around? Anyway, I have a nice little pillow nest I have been sleeping in to support various parts of my body and that does feel better. I have been trying to focus on my posture to support my back and neck as well. I am still doing yoga and feel incredible the day of yoga. Maybe I should start going more often. If only there were more hours in the day; especially this time of year! think I need to schedule myself a massage this week before getting on a airplane for Christmas.
Wednesday I have my 28 week appointment and will hope everything is still looking great. Here is a picture of me from last night at 28 weeks. We went to a nice dinner to celebrate the holiday season with The Meades. They left darling little Colton with a sitter for the first time at night. They did well as first-time-out parents! The four of us had a great dinner at Fruition. Always great company with them and always great food at Fruition!
You look GREAT!!! And I am sorry that your back is hurting. That will go away once you aren't pregnant anymore. Ha! But it will, remember all these things are short term and SO worth it. And a restaurant called "Fruition" sounds fancy and delicious! :-)
ReplyDelete