Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's the Holiday Season!


It's December 23rd and two days until CHRISTMAS!!!! Yippee. We arrived in Santa Barbara yesterday where we will be spending Christmas with my in-laws. I will post about our actual Christmas next; this is a pre-Christmas post.

Yes, I am one of those people that loves the holiday season and loves Christmas. I look forward to the day when the radio stations start playing Christmas music each year although I will say that November is just too early. This year I was in Hobby Lobby in October and when I heard Christmas music I thought to myself, really? Are they serious? It's like egg nog - if you have it too early or too often it's just gross but if you just have a little bit every December it's marvelous! Everything about the holiday season is fun but there is a reason it is a season. Once January rolls around I have had about enough of Christmas music, parties, egg nog and cheer. It is nice to scale back, resume to a normal life and look forward to the next year.

This is our last Christmas as just the two of us. Next year we will have a 9-month old and I can only imagine how different Christmas will be. I have heard people who have children and didn't care much for Christmas before the came along say that the holiday truly takes on a whole new meaning. I'm really looking forward to celebrating our baby's first Christmas next year!


Last Thursday I had a group of girlfriends and their kids over for a holiday celebration. We had a line-up of kiddos ranging from 11 weeks to 7 yrs old. We tried to take some pictures of all the kids but that was a task in itself. Here is Colton (11 weeks), Andrew (9 months), Caroline (8 months) and Ireland (almost 3 yrs). I can't believe that I will be adding one to the mix in 10 weeks (give or take!). It was so much fun to be with the ladies! I feel so lucky to have such wonderful and caring friends.


The next night, last Friday, we also celebrated an early Christmas at our house with my parents, my brother, Jay, his girlfriend, Lindsey and, of course, the dogs, Gemma and Roxy. It was lots of fun to have a mini-Christmas and open some of our gifts early. Here are some pictures of Gemma and Roxy opening their gifts and having fun with them!

Now, the presents are all bought, wrapped and under the tree. The Christmas cards are sent. It's time to enjoy the rest of the season with family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment