Larry, Christine, Brian and me in front of the Christmas TreeWe had a wonderful Christmas in Santa Barbara with my in-laws, Larry & Christine. We spent a very relaxing week in the CA sunshine walking on the beach, enjoying yummy food

and, of course, celebrating Christmas! It was a great Christmas. Baby Schaub cleaned up in the gift department! He received so many fun things; cute onesies, bibs, blankets, stuffed toys and lots of books. We are so pleased to be beginning his book collection. Mama received some fun things too; new uggs, my Burberry baby bag (does that qualify as a mommy or baby gift?!), a Baby Beaba babyfood system from Williams-Sonoma and a flip HD video camera. Those are just the big things I can remember off the top of my head. We also got some books about baby's first year and recipe books for making food that will be very helpful. I'm going to try to make most of Baby Schaub's food at home. We'll see how that goes. I'll get back to you after he is born and into solid foods. Here is a pic of me the day after Christmas at 30 weeks!
We were all set to take Roxy with us to CA but at the last minute we decided we couldn't bear to put her in the cargo hold of the plane. What if something had happened to our little darling? I could never live with myself. We put her at Camp Bow Wow for Christmas. I feel bad about it but we watched her on the web cam and she seemed to be having a good time. I'm sure she didn't know the difference but I sure did miss her on Christmas.
After Christmas we returned home to a New Year's Eve wedding celebration. Brian's friend from college, PJ, got married to a wonderful gal, Mandy, on New Yea

r's Eve. We had a great t

ime. It was so much fun to be with a whole group of friends on New Year's Eve and celebrate a wedding at the same time. I am going to brag right now and let everyone know that I made it past midnight! Brian's parents came out for the wedding so shortly after midnight we departed the festivities and Brian stayed on. One of us has to represent! On a side note, we also celebrated Larry, my father-in-law's, birthday on NYE. Happy Birthday, Larry and Congratulations and Best Wishes to Mandy and PJ!!
All in all it was a wonderful week. Welcome to 2010!!! It's going to be a big year.
No comments:
Post a Comment