My appointment went well. He is measuring perfect for his gestational age. My weight gain is good (although slightly frightening to me personally!) and my blood pressure is good. I did find out that my Dr. is going to be out of the office the last week in February so if Baby S decides to make an early appearance we will be delivered by one of the other Dr.'s in the practice. I have met three of the four so far and I like them all so I am totally ok with that piece of news. I talked with Dr. Strubel (one of the other Dr.'s) about picking a pediatrician. This is a big "to do" on my list by the end of the month. I feel like I am making some huge life altering decision and she advised me to not worry about it so much. If I pick a ped and don't like them we can move on just like anything else. That made me feel a lot better.
I realize while writing this that the last appointment I blogged about was my 28 week appointment - I got too caught up in Christmas and forgot to update the progress of the baby. After my 28 week appointment, I found out that my GD test had come back high so I had to go back the week between Christmas and New Year's for the 3-hour glucose test which gives a better picture of your over all glucose level. This is not fun. It involves a special diet for three days, fasting the night before, drinking yet another dose of the lovely glucose drink and getting your blood taken 4 times in 3 hours. I know you are all dying to sign right up! The good news is I passed!! My glucose levels were actually really good except for the 1st hour after I drank the drink. Basically that means I metabolize sugar a little more slowly so I am going to try to cut out all 'really sugary' things from now to delivery. Everything looked great at my 30 week appt (which was the same day). Baby Boy is meausring well and had a heartbeat of 145.
Here is a picture of me at 32 weeks! Yes, it looks like I have been crying. I actually came down with a horrible cold last Friday so that is why I look like death. This was the best I could muster after three days of sickness. Of course, we also took this picture right after the Jayhawks ruinied their undefeated season by losing to Tennessee so there could be some remnants of tears. Ha ha. I am trying not to be vain about this picture but I really look bad. At least my belly looks cute -- or is it just really big?! You make the call.

I think you look great. Especially after having a bad cold! I had the WORST sinus infection of my life when I was pregnant. It was just the worst and I eventually had to take antibiotics. I hope you are feeling MUCH better. They say preggos are more prone to colds because all of your mucus membranes swell when you are pregnant. Isn't that lovely?? Ha! I am so excited for you. You are SO close. Yay!!!
ReplyDelete