We have lived in our neighborhood, Observatory Park/University Park, for 2 years now. The first 20 months were spent in a rental house on the "East" side of the park while we were building our new home on the "West" side of the park. I have to say that after just 4 months of living on the "West" side it is just a lot more fun! In our old house we only met two neighbors both who I introduced myself too and then hardly heard from again other than the occasional wave or passing hello in the summer. We certainly were no Wisteria Lane on South Madison Street. Since moving to South Fillmore Street I have met almost all of our neighbors. They invited us over before we moved in, stopped by after we moved in and even offered to have a welcoming party for us. How nice is that?!
Last night, Saturday night, one of our new neighbors, Jen and Ed, had a great party for us. We got to see all the neighbors who have been so friendly and nice during the building phase, plus got to meet a lot of new people as well. Everyone is very kind and likes our new house. I will say that this is what I was most nervous about; that someone would hold a grudge and be bitter towards us for tearing down an old house and replacing it with a bright, shiny, new house. If they hate our house they certainly didn't let on. We had so much fun at the party. There was good food, lots of wine and one of the neighbors even brought out his guitar and we had a little sing-along session. I will have to say that he was very talented! We had such a great time that next thing we knew it was almost 2am and then, thankfully, walked right home.
I love our neighborhood and it's shaping up to have great neighbors as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment