Thursday, July 16, 2009

City Park Jazz


Every summer the city of Denver holds a free concert series at City Park called City Park Jazz. I have wanted to go for years but never seemed to get a date nailed down. Weekends are filled up with weddings and travel. Sadly, we all know how fast these summer months go. City Park Jazz always moved to the end of the "let's do it" list. This year I decided I was going to make it happen with a little coaxing from my friend, Becky Shew.

We went to City Park Jazz on Sunday, July 12th as a nice end-cap to our vacation. We saw Buckner Funken Jazz who I had never heard of before. We attended the concert with three other couples: The Shews, The Ladds and PJ Spina and his new fiancee, Mandy Nilson. Becky and Phil Shew also brought their 4-month-old, Andrew. He is a super cute baby and very well behaved. Here is a picture of Phil and sweet baby Andrew!

I will have to say the Jazz experience wasn't the best. We all arrived a little late, parked too far away and therefore had to sit far away. We couldn't hear the music very well, BUT to make up for that, we did have great company and good food so we still had a lot of fun.

I'm going to give City Park Jazz another shot on July 26th when I go with my girlfriends. Chris Daniels & The Kings are scheduled to play that evening. They are a great band I have seen before. I have learned the do's and dont's so hopefully this excursion will turn out better!

Griffin, Becky and me. The KU Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment