Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day at Coors Field


On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day! I am so fortunate to have my family so close that I pretty much always get to see my Mom on Mother's Day and my Dad on Father's Day. It works out rather well for me. Brian and I spent the afternoon with my parents at the Rockies game at Coors Field in downtown Denver.

I haven't been to a Rockies game since Brian and I went to Game 4 of the World Series in '07 and watched our Rockies get swept by the mighty Boston Red Sox. It was a fun game despite the obnoxious pair of uberfans from Boston sitting in front of us. I mean we were losing the game AND losing the series 3-0; you would think there would be no need for taunting at that point but apparently if you were those guys you didn't know when to stop. Long story short is one guy ended up with a bloody nose and I think they were both "asked to leave" by the DPD and Rockies Personnel. I'm sure that guy enjoyed watching the Sox win the World Series from the Denver jail. Sorry, I digress.

Today, we went to watch the Rockies play the Pitsburgh Pirates at Coors Field. It was a perfect summer day with lots of sun and about 80 degrees. It was a great game and the Rockies won 5-4. There were lots of hits, a good amount of scoring, a home run and most importantly, a hot dog! We had a wonderful time. The Rockies are now 36-33 and 9 games back from the Dodgers. I stole that last line from the guy sitting behind me! Maybe we will have to go to another game this summer as it was lots of fun.

I also have to send out a Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law, Larry, out in Santa Barbara, CA. We are headed to see him in two weeks so we will have to celebrate Father's Day for him then!

No comments:

Post a Comment