Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

I have never really been that into blogs before now. I remember a few years ago while watching "The View" (Yes, I admit it) and Elisabeth Hasslebeck was talking about her blog. Now, I am pretty tech savvy or so I like to believe, but I had no idea what a blog was. I marched right over to my computer and googled "blog" but I still didn't really get it. As the years went on and I continued to watch good quality TV, including ABC's "The Bachelor", I was introduced to a hilarious blog that recapped each of the weekly programs. It was witty, catchy and kept me coming back for more. I actually kept watching the show just to read the blog! I have finally given up on "The Bachelor" *sigh* and I wonder sometimes if that blog still exists.

As I enter my 30's I have many friends around the country who are starting to have babies and, as a result, they have started to blog about their journey of pregnancy and subsequently, their precious babies. As I started to explore their blogs I was linked into other blogs written by my friends that were doing all sorts of interesting things and decided that I wanted to become a member of the blogging community.

Now, this was a little bit of a sell to my dear husband, Brian. He is a wonderful man to whom I have been married for almost 20 months now, but he likes his privacy. He doesn't like Facebook and doesn't have time for Twitter. He thinks it's weird to share your life with strangers and although I tend to agree, I am much more extroverted and enjoy a glimpse into the lives of friends from the past. Do note that my Facebook profile is set to "Friends only" so I don't have any risk of random internet stakers finding me. :-) Some people like to share, some don't. I will try to keep my blog fun and informative; what is going on with us and our new puppy, Roxy. I can't promise too much humor as generally I am the type who laughs at my own jokes but I will try not to bore anyone to tears either.

So, here I go! Please do enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to keep up B! I am so glad you have a blog now. And Garth is exactly the same way, no Facebook, Twitter, etc. He thinks it's craziness!

    ReplyDelete